There are fourteen floors in UPC International Students' Apartment, where the first floor is teaching area, the second is offices of CIE, the third to twelfth floor are student’s apartments, and the thirteenth to the fourteenth floor are foreign teacher’s apartments. En suite double-rooms and single rooms are available for students furnished with hot-water shower, air conditioner, electric fan, desk and so on. Public laundries are on the sixth and tenth floor and public kitchens are on other floors.
23.5 Square meters
Air conditioning TV bed mattress
20 Square meters
Air conditioning TV bed mattress
Single-room (South) 1200RMB/month
Single-room (North) 1000RMB/month
Double-room (South) 700RMB/month/bed
Double-room (North) 600RMB/month/bed
This charging standard applies to the students who live in dormitory building more than 90 days.
Classrooms on 1st floor
Public laundry room
Regulations on International Student Accommodation Management
The following regulations are intended to maintain a suitable studying and living environment for students and to ensure an effective management of the Accommodation Office.
1. The international student dormitory is designated for the accommodation of international students in UPC. All the students enrolled by UPC shall lodge in the dormitory for the first academic year and could apply for living off campus from the second academic year.
2. International students should register in the College of International Education firstly, and register in the dormitory management office for accommodation. By reading the Accommodation Management Regulation and paying the accommodation fee and deposit, student should sign for lodging in after checking up the furniture in the room.
3. Students should follow the arrangement of the accommodation coordinator without complaints. The room should not be transferred, sublet, exchanged to others. No other person is allowed to lodge in or stay overnight in the room. Any student is prohibited to engage in illegal activities in dormitory. Those who transfer or exchange the room to others without the permission from college, which also cause their room address are different from the one registered in college regulation system and visa system, they will receive a written warning sanction. Those who are engaged in illegal activities in dormitory shall receive a deferred suspension or expulsion.
4. The rest time in dormitory is pm 12:00-2:00, pm 11:00-am 7:00. All students are required to keep quiet and are not allowed to conduct activities affecting others, such as dancing, speaking loudly, and playing music or musical instruments loudly and so on. These violations will result in oral warning and other penalty before pm 11:00 and oral warning for the first time and deferred suspension or expulsion for the second time after pm 11:00.
5. The dormitory entrance is secured by electronic lock. All students are required to swipe their campus card to enter the building. Climbing or jumping through the window is prohibited. In this case the student will receive an oral warning for the first time, and deferred suspension or expulsion for the second time. If this conduct results in bad affect, the student would be investigated for criminal responsibility by public security office.
6. Students are required to keep the room, corridor and toilets clean and unobstructed. All waste or rubbish must be properly disposed off. Don’t liter from the window and balconies and no pets are allowed in the dormitory. Otherwise, a written warning is applicable for the crumbled. All students are required to clean the rooms by themselves. It is mandatory that students keep their rooms, corridor, toilets and the environment in general, clean and tidy. Littering from windows or balconies is extremely hazardous and therefore prohibited. Routine inspection will be carried out from time to time.
7. Intentional damage, dismantle, retrofit to the furniture and equipment in the rooms or public area is prohibited. Students should pay the loss of or damage to the dormitory property. The payment shall be limited to the actual cost of repair or replacement of such property. Where responsibility cannot be attributed to a particular student, all students having access to that room or area within the hall of residence will be deemed to be equally responsible. The bedclothes are not included in the compensation list, which contains quilt, puff, sheet, blanket, pillow and pillowslip. Natural losses of or damage to the property could be reported to the duty room for repair or replacement. Students are required to hand in all the property in the room before checking out on graduation. Students shall allow the accommodation staff or duly authorized person to access the room, undertaking regular maintenance or occupancy status inspections at all reasonable hours of the daytime or at anytime during an emergency or when a breach of Regulations is suspected. Confrontational behaviors, including foul language, towards a member of the College or contract staff could result in oral warning and other disciplinary sanction.
8. Be aware of the safety of electricity and pay attention to power and water saving. Disorderly wiring, retrofitting the switch box and fire hose reel is prohibited. If it happens, the students will receive an oral warning for the first time, and deferred suspension or expulsion for the second time. Be aware of fire. It’s prohibited to storage and use high-power electrical appliances (over 1000W) such as electric rice cooker or electromagnetic oven etc. in students’ apartment. If fire warning is alarmed due to cooking, college will confiscate the cooking appliance, disqualify the students for accommodation, and deferred suspension or expulsion is applicable.
9. Students are not allowed to gather a crowd to smoke cigarettes or hookah etc. in students’ apartment. If fire warning is alarmed due to smoking, college will confiscate the smoking tools, disqualify the students for accommodation, and deferred suspension or expulsion is applicable.
10. It is prohibited to park or lock bicycles onto fire-fighting equipment. Violations will result in written warnings immediately.
11. Students are required to check out on the expiration date. Otherwise, they will be charged for full accommodation fee as continuous residence. If a student wants to prolong the residence period, he/she is required to extend the application on the accommodation management office. The residence period is accounted from the date checking in to the date checking out. If a student does not check out during the winter or summer holidays, he/she is recognized as using the room and is required to pay the fee. Students shall pay attention to “Payment Notice”, and prepay accommodation fee ahead of time. If the students fail to pay for accommodation timely, the supply of water and electricity will be cut off after free power runs out, and the door card will be locked. Students should pay the accommodation fee by semester or the residence period in a single payment on the checking in day. Students experiencing difficulty in the payment must apply for delayed payment or monthly payment from the College of International Education. Students whose period of residence is between one and two weeks will be charged on a fortnight basis, between two and four weeks on a monthly basis.
12. Money, valuable properties should be kept carefully. You are required to lock the door when you are out of the room and keep the key carefully without transferring it to others.
13. The visitors to international student dormitory should register at the duty room before meeting the students and inform the duty room of leaving. Visitors without valid ID will be prohibited to enter the apartment. The person on duty will call campus police if the visitors enter the dormitory without registration. The open visiting time is am 7:00-pm 10:30. Staying overnight in the international student dormitory is forbidden, which leads to the investigation from campus police.
14. For the use of water and electricity, adhere to following principles: use it safely; save water and electricity; it’s supplied during certain time limit; the amount is rationed; excess usage beyond charge-free limit will be charged. Each student will enjoy 60 kilowatt hour free electricity per month, which will be topped up every three months; for excess portion beyond the charge-free limit, the College will collect the charges according to street price. Students should take good care of the water and electricity devices, and develop good habits of saving water and electricity. Turn off the light and water tap whenever leaving.
15. Take good care of the fire-fighting devices. It’s strictly prohibited to move or damage the fire-fighting devices, or push the fire alarm for no reason to cause panics. Violations will result in different punishments according to severity, ranging from written warning up to expulsion from University.
16. To maintain public safety and environmental health, falling objects from height is strictly prohibited. Violations will result in deferred suspension and disqualifying accommodation.
Regulations for Living Off-campus
This regulation is stipulated according to the living situation of UPC, combining with the LAW OF THE PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF CHINA ON CONTROL OF THE ENTRY AND EXIT OF ALIENS, CODE OF ACCEPTING FOREIGN STUDENTS TO HIGHER EDUCATION INSTITUTIONS, and the corresponding regulations stipulated by Qingdao Public Security Bureau.
1. Students are required to submit paper application to the Student Affairs Office with a photocopy of lease contract, so that the safety of accommodation resources is vetted and the lease procedure is legal. With the application vetted by the Student Affairs Office, the students are required to fill in the Registration Form of Living Off-campus (2 duplicates) and finish the following procedures.
2. Students living off-campus are required to visit the local police station to fill the REGISTRATION FORM OF TEMPORARY RESIDENCE FOR VISITORS with the vetted Registration Form of Living Off-campus; passport and residence permit in 24 hours after moving in the new apartment.
3. Off-campus residence is under the supervision of the Qingdao Public Security Bureau. Students living off-campus must comply with Chinese laws and regulations, fulfilling the obligations of lease contract, respect Chinese traditions and social morals. Especially, students living off-campus should not disturb neighbors by making loud noise. They are required to enhance the awareness of safety for body, property and they are fully responsible for their personal activities. If a student living off-campus makes loud noise and cause neighbors’ complaint once, they will be given the written warning as punishment. If causing neighbors’ complaint more than once, that student will receive deferred suspension or expulsion depending on the seriousness of the case.
4. If the students change their living address, they must comply with the abovementioned formality again. If students fail to abide by this regulation, they will be regarded as living off campus without approval, which could result in a penalty or criminal punishment by the university or the public security office.
Jack, Manager of QingDao MingXia real estate company