New Student Scholarships

Position : Home > Scholarship > New Student Scholarships > Chinese Local Government Scholarship

Chinese Local Government Scholarship

I. Overview

Study Category

Scholarship Duration

Scholarship Coverage

Long-term Non-degree Students

1 year

Half tuition waiver

Bachelor’s Degree Students

4 years

A. Tuition waiver

B. Half tuition waiver

Master’s Degree Students

3 years

A. Tuition waiver

B. Half tuition waiver

Doctoral Degree Students

4 years

A. Tuition and accommodation fee waiver;

Stipend: CNY 10,000/year

B. Tuition and accommodation fee waiver

C. Tuition waiver

D. Half tuition waiver


Students choosing to live off campus will not receive any accommodation subsidy.

Featured Programs

Priority will be given to applicants of the following programs.

Program Category

Supporting Programs

Instruction Language

Long-term Non-degree Programs

Chinese Language Program


Foundation Program


Bachelor’s Degree Programs

Petroleum Engineering

Resource Exploration Engineering

Mechanical Design, Manufacturing and Automation


Master’s Degree Programs

Oil and Natural Gas Engineering

Geological Engineering

Chemical Engineering and Technology

Management Science and Engineering


Doctoral Degree Programs

Please visit


II. Eligibility & Application Documents

Please refer to

III. Application time: From March 1 to July 15

IV. Application Procedures

1. Apply Online

Applicants should log into the UPC International Student Online Application System (, register an applicant account, choose “Chinese Local Government Scholarship”, fill in personal information and upload the required application documents.

2. Follow up Admission Results

Applicants should follow up their application by regularly checking online accounts and registered emails.

3. Receive admission materials

Applicants should provide a valid postal address and contact information to the Admissions Office.Successful applicants will receive the Admission Notice and the Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW202/JW201) within four weeks.

4. Apply for Study Visa

Admitted students should apply to the Chinese embassy/consulate for a study visa (X1/X2 visa) with the Admission Notice, the Visa Application Form for Study in China and the Foreigners Physical Examination Form.

X1 visa is issued to those who intend to study in China for a period of more than 180 days. X2 visa is issued to those who intend to study in China for a period of no more than 180 days. For details about visa in China, please visit

V. Contact Information

Admissions Office

College of International Education

China University of Petroleum (East China)

Address: 66 Changjiang West Road, Qingdao West Coast New Area, Shandong, China

Postcode: 266580

Tel: +86-532-86983201/86981298