10. Regulations on Accommodation
The following regulations aim to maintain a suitable living and studying environment for students and to ensure an effective management of the accommodation.
1. The international student dormitory is designated for the accommodation of international students in UPC. All the students enrolled by UPC shall lodge in the dormitory for the first academic year and could apply for living off campus from the second academic year.
2. International students should register in the College of International Education first, and register in the dormitory management office for accommodation. By reading the Accommodation Management Regulation and paying the accommodation fee and deposit, student should sign for lodging in after checking up the furniture in the room.
3. Students should follow the arrangement of the accommodation coordinator without complaints. The room should not be transferred, relet, exchanged to others. No other person is allowed to lodge in or stay overnight in the room. Any student is prohibited to engage in illegal activities in dormitory. Those who transfer or exchange the room to others without the permission from college, which also results in that their room number is different from the address registered in college management system and visa system, they will accordingly receive a written warning sanction. Those who are engaged in illegal activities in dormitory shall receive a deferred suspension or expulsion.
4. The rest time in dormitory is pm 12:00-2:00, pm 11:00-am 7:00. All students are required to keep quiet and are not allowed to conduct activities affecting others, such as dancing, speaking loudly, and playing music or musical instruments loudly and so on. These violations will result in oral warning and other penalty before pm 11:00 and oral warning for the first time and deferred suspension or expulsion for the second time after pm 11:00.
5. The dormitory entrance is secured by electronic lock. All students are required to swipe their campus card to enter the building. Climbing or jumping through the window is prohibited. In this case the student will receive an oral warning for the first time, and deferred suspension or expulsion for the second time. If this conduct resulted in bad effect, the student would be investigated for criminal responsibility by public security office.
6. All waste or rubbish must be properly disposed off. All students are required to clean the rooms by themselves. It is mandatory that students keep their rooms, corridor, toilets and the environment, clean and tidy. Littering from windows or balconies is extremely hazardous and therefore prohibited. Otherwise, a written warning is applicable for the crumbled. Routine inspection will be carried out from time to time.
7. Intentional damage, dismantle, retrofit to the furniture and equipment in t rooms or public area is prohibited. Students should pay the loss or damage to the dormitory property. The payment shall be limited to the actual cost of repair or replacement of such property. Where responsibility cannot be attributed to a particular student, all students having access to that room or area within the hall of residence will be deemed to be equally responsible. The bedding is not included in the compensation list, which contains quilt, puff, sheet, blanket, pillow and pillowslip. Natural losses of/or damage to the property could be reported to the front desk for repair or replacement. Students are required to hand in all the property in the room before checking out. Students shall allow the accommodation staff or duly authorized person to access their rooms, undertaking regular maintenance or occupancy status inspections at all reasonable hours of the daytime or at any time during an emergency or when a breach of Regulations is suspected. Confrontational behaviors, including foul language, towards a member of the College or accommodation staff could result in oral warning and other disciplinary sanction.
8. Be aware of the safety of electricity and pay attention to save power and water. Disorderly wiring, retrofitting the switch box and fire hose reel is prohibited. When it happens, the students will receive an oral warning for the first time, and deferred suspension or expulsion for the second time. Be aware of fire. It’s prohibited to store and use high-power electrical appliances (over 1000W) such as electric rice cooker or electromagnetic oven ect. in rooms. If fire warning is alarmed due to cooking, the college will confiscate the cooking appliance, disqualify the students for accommodation, and deferred suspension or expulsion is applicable.
9. Students are not allowed to smoke cigarettes or hooka etc. in students’ apartment. If fire warning is alarmed due to smoking, the college will confiscate the smoking tools, disqualify the students for accommodation, and deferred suspension or expulsion is applicable.
10. It’s prohibited to park or lock bicycles onto fire-fighting equipments. Violations will result in written warnings immediately.
11. Students are required to check out on the expiration date. Otherwise, they will be charged for full accommodation fee as continuous residence. If a student wants to prolong the residence period, they are required to submit the application to the front desk. The resident period is accounted from the date checking in to the date checking out. If a student does not check out during the winter or summer holidays, they are recognized as using the room and are required to pay the fee. Students shall pay attention to “Payment Notice”, and prepay accommodation fee ahead of time. If the students fail to pay for accommodation in time, the supply of water and electricity will be cut off immediately, and the door card will be locked. Students should pay the accommodation fee by semester in a single payment on the checking in day. Students experiencing difficulty in the payment must apply for delayed payment or monthly payment from the College of International Education. Students whose period of residence is between one and two weeks will be charged on a fortnight basis, between two and four weeks on a monthly basis.
12. Money, valuable properties should be kept carefully. Students are required to lock the door when they are out of the room and keep the key card carefully without transferring it to others.
13. Visitors to international student dormitory should register at the front desk before meeting the students and inform the front desk of leaving. Visitors without valid ID are prohibited to enter the dormitory. The person on duty will call campus police if the visitors enter the dormitory without registration. The open visiting time is am 7:00-pm 10:30. Staying overnight in the international student dormitory is forbidden, which leads to the investigation from campus police.
14. Water and electricity adheres to following principles: safety, energy saving, timing supply, ration and charge for extra consumption. Each student is allotted 60 kilowatt hour free electricity per month, which will be topped up every three months. For excess consumption beyond the charge-free limit, the College will collect the charges according to street price. Students should take good care of the water and electricity devices, and develop good habits of saving water and electricity. Turn off the light and water tap when leaving rooms.
15. Take good care of the fire-fighting devices. It’s strictly prohibited to move or damage the fire-fighting equipment, or set off fire alarm for no reason to cause panic. Violations will result in different punishments according to severity, ranging from written warning up to expulsion from University.
To maintain public safety and environmental health, falling objects from height is strictly prohibited. Violations will result in deferred suspension and disqualifying accommodation.
Emergency Contact Number:
Alarm Call: 86980110、110
Fire Alarm: 119
Medical emergency/Ambulance: 120
Accommodation Reception Desk: 86981192